Representing the Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan), since its inception in 1984, the Education Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in Boston aims to promote the academic and educational relationships between Taiwan and the New England region, including Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Formerly known as the “Cultural Division”, the main service areas of the Education Division include:
- Providing information about education in Taiwan to the general public and educational organizations in the New England region;
- Enhancing the establishment of academic linkages and cooperative programs through facilitating visits of government officials, scholars and faculties;
- Promoting Mandarin education through teacher exchange programs and administering the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language;
- Assisting both self-funded and government –sponsored Taiwanese students and American students who are interested in studying in Taiwan under the Taiwan Scholarship and Huayu Scholarship on cross-cultural adjustment;
- Coordinating with local universities and educational organizations in sponsoring various educational activities.
The staff of the Education Division is committed to providing timely assistance and services to students, academics, educators and government officials in the region.
Staff at Education Division:
Director: Cynthia Huang
Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Boston
99 Summer Street, Suite 801, Boston, MA 02110
Web Site: www.moebos.org